Bay Bistro Full Moon Bonfire – a wonderful evening of great food and fun in Providenciales
There is more to life in Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands than just lounging at one of our beautiful beaches. Here are my suggestions for some fun things to do:
- Take the family to the children’s park at The Bight, which is located right on Grace Bay Beach. There are swings, a jungle gym, teeter totters and more. And of course, if you take a picnic, you can have beach fun as well. And don’t miss the weekly Island Fish Fry every Thursday night from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Tons of fun, excellent island food and terrific live music! Come one, come all!!
- After everyone has finished playing at the park, cross the street to the National Environmental Centre, which has wonderful exhibits on the coral reef and ecosystem s in Turks & Caicos.
- Plan aglass bottom semi submarine ride, which departs with Caicos Tours from Turtle Cove. The likelihood is that you’ll see sharks, stingrays and turtles, and you’ll definitely see lots of beautiful tropical fish and stunning coral.
- For the more intrepid, go horseback riding with Provo Ponies on beautiful Long Bay Beach.
- Visit one of our other beaches, such as Taylor Bay or Sapodilla Beach, then grab a tasty lunch at Las Brisas, located on Chalk Sound Road at Neptune villas.
- Arrange a boating excursion with Silver Deep or Caicos Tours, to visit some other cays and do some snorkeling.
- Don’t miss out on visiting Fun World, which offers mini golf, rock climbing and go-karts.
- Make a point to go out and Snuba with Jody, which allows you to try the experience on scuba diving by going a little deeper than snorkeling without deep sea diving. She offers great day trips for a reasonable family friendly price.
- For golf or tennis lovers, visit Provo Golf course.
- For the adventurous, Turks & Caicos is just the place to try out kite boarding, paddle boarding, wind-surfing and more. There are great facilities and qualified instructors on the island.
- Go day tripping via ferry to North Caicos and South Caicos to discover other islands in this beautiful country.
- See the glow worms! On the third and fourth night after the full moon, Atebayra will take you out to witness the amazing glow worm show.
- If you have movie buffs in your group, TCI Cinemas offers at least three shows daily and is the perfect spot to visit if the weather is not conducive to outdoor activities.
- For some Mom and daughter girly-time , some of the spas on the island offer manis, pedis, and facials for kids.
- Retail therapy can be a group event as well. Head out to Regent Village and Salt Mills for tourist boutique shops. While at Saltmills, the kids can visit Potcake Place and play with the puppies. And who knows, maybe you’ll decide that an addition to your family is just the ticket and one of our potcakes will be lucky enough to go home with you!!
- Visit the Unicorn Bookstore at Leeward Highway IGA mall. It’s a fantastic place to buy books for children and adults, as well as a nice selection of toys and arts and crafts supplies.
- Visit the only conch farm in the world. Children and parents alike will enjoy the educational tour that tells the story about the local delicacy from the sea.
- Go and have some beach fun at Bugaloo’s in Five Cays, where you can splash about and then taste just how yummy fresh conch really is or enjoy some freshly caught local fish!!
- Rent some bikes from Nautique Sports across from Saltmills and enjoy a leisurely ride with the kids. Do no forget to put on sunscreen and take plenty of water!
- If you’re here during the fool moon, don’t miss the famed Bay Bistro beach bonfire and BBQ! It is yummylicious and great fun for kids and adults alike!
- If you enjoy live music, dine at Opus at Ocean Club Resort ( the one close to the Golf Club ) to get great food, enjoy fabulous ambiance, and sing-along with different local talent every night.
Whatever you choose, have fun doing it!